Monday, October 3, 2005

Tuxedo Onesies

I first came across tuxedo onesies when I was starting my site in May 2005. I happened upon a site called Ktrix that had really fun punk onesies and thought they would be great to carry...so I ordered them and made a mistake in posting them to my site, thinking that the order would be fulfilled in few weeks. Well, I got three orders for them right away...and I thought, everyone else thinks these are cool too...and this will be great for her site and mine too. Well, the order was never fulfilled. I waited three weeks, then four weeks, then I called and asked when they would be arriving and was told three more weeks. Well three more weeks rolled around, and still no order...so I ordered just one of them from the site, thinking that if she couldnt fulfill my wholesale order, if they are still posted as in stock on her retail website, I will get that order and at least be able to ship something to my customer. I waited another two weeks with no word, and finally posted a complaint on paypal. I was credited my fee, but never received my order. I was very upset, and my customer was disappointed. I will never do business with Ktrix again. Something good came out of it, however. So focused on finding a tuxedo onesie for my customer, that I searched all over the internet, and finally found something close. Ante Ru's Design Center in California makes personalized tuxedo bibs. These bibs are adorable, well made, and the personlization makes them very unique. The bib is black with a faux tuxedo shirt, embroidered black buttons, a bow tie, and a hankerchief that matches the tie, on which your little boy's name resides. I have one for my son, and he is the hit of every party or dinner outing with it. Some people even forget that I brought my baby to a fancy restaurant when they see how cute he looks, and how well dressed he was for the occasion. I asked Ante Ru (aka Ruth Gilbert) if she would let me carry them on my site, and the rest is history. Ruth has even created a tuxedo onesie for my site, after I told her about my elusive search. She is a class act, as are her tuxedo creations. You can see more of her handmade goods (trick or treat bags, full size double sided bibs, etc) at www.anteru.com. Tell her Kelly sent you.

No comments:

Sounds True, Inc.