Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Satisfaction of Enough

I found the satisfaction of enough when I had everything I ever thought I wanted, and realized that I was left wanting. I had a job that was rewarding and paid well, a wonderful family, good health, plenty of friends, the 4 bedroom house with an in-ground pool, a sunroom and 1.5 acres of land, and still I felt empty. Only through recognizing and focusing on my internal abundance was I able to stop, simplify, and feel satisfied.

For me, the satisfaction of enough comes through self-love, about learning to love myself, and recognizing that everything I need is in me, and reflected in my life. I have an amazing husband and two year old son, who support, awe, and restore me, a holistic nutrition counseling practice where I assist others on their path to wellness, and the tools to recognize and decrease the impact my footprint has on future generations.

In my life, enough is educating the public about the dangers of pesticides, genetically modified foods, artificial sweeteners, PCBs and Mercury in farmed fish, and the perils of factory farming. Its about choosing organic and local foods, growing my own garden, teaching my son about conscious eating and the joy of cooking. Enough is about making a difference in peoples' lives.

Enough is paring down my closet to include only those clothes that I have worn in the past year, that fit correctly, that make me feel beautiful. Enough is recognizing I do not need any more clothes. Enough is taking those excess clothes and giving them to people that need them.

Enough is about feeling abundant no matter the size of my bank account, about practicing gratitude as a catalyst for abundant thought. Enough is consciousness, a focus on the breath, each breathe we take. A focus on eating, on each bite of food we take, our mouths chewing, tasting, nourishing our bodies and spirits. Enough is living, truly living through total awareness. Enough is serene, and peaceful, and beautiful, and satisfying. I am enough.

No comments:

Sounds True, Inc.